Saffron Cream Cheese Stuffed Dates
Flax seed oil - 3 tbsp
Raw honey - 1 to 2 tbsp
Saffron threads - 1/4 tsp
Lemon zest and juice - 2 tsp zest, 2 squeeze juice
Vanilla - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 1/4 tsp
Ground dried ginger - 1/4 tsp
Pitted Dates - Sliced open
Puree all ingredients (preferably organic) and then stuff the pitted dates (makes 20-30 dates) with the mixture. Eat, share, and enjoy!
- Dates (ripe) - Sweet Cooling Sweet Oily. Decreases Pitta.
- Cream Cheese (Neufchatel) - Increases Pitta and Kapha; Decreases Vata.
- Honey - Cuts mucus. Slightly increases Pitta; Decreases Vata and Kapha
- Cardamom - Promotes digestion and is good for the heart. Improves smell of breath. May stimulate Pitta if taken in excess; relieves Vata & Kapha.
- Ginger (powder) - Promotes digestion and is a detoxifying agent. Increases Pitta if taken in excess; relieves Vata & Kapha.
- Saffron - Relieves hemorrhoids and reduces vomiting. Helps stop hemoptysis. Increases Vata & Kapha; relieves Pitta.